Holidays are great times for families and your pets. Your furry friends give you so much love and fun even though you may not have been giving them enough attention.
SixWise.com compiled 21 reasons why we should hug our pets extra hard today. If you have more to add to the list, leave your reasons in the comment area.
- He loves you no matter what.
- She never holds a grudge, even if you get up late to feed her.
- You can make her day just by coming home from work.
- Kids who have a cat in the home during their first years of life are less likely to develop hay fever, asthma and animal-related allergies than those who don't.
- He knows when you’re feeling sad or mad, and will sit by your side to cheer you up.
- She’s never stingy with her kisses.
- He’s never judgmental and loves you just the way you are.
- Pet owners make 15-20 percent fewer annual visits to the doctor than non pet-owners (according to research presented at the 10th International Conference on Human Animal Interaction in October 2004).
- She’s cute, soft and cuddly -- perfect for hugging.
- People with pets tend to have a speedier, easier recovery after illness or surgery.
- He looks at you in a way that can melt your heart … even if he’s been naughty.
- She makes you laugh and smile when sometimes no one else can.
- People who have had a heart attack survive longer with a pet than without.
- Among 48 stockbrokers with high blood pressure, those who owned a cat or dog had lower blood pressure readings in stressful situations than those without.
- Your stress levels drop when you’re around him or her.
- Having a pet can raise your levels of self-esteem.
- She’s easy to please and (almost) always loves her birthday and holiday presents.
- Pet owners have improved exercise habits.
- She makes a good “heater” under the covers.
- Children with pets who are slow learners, or whose parents had divorced, had higher levels of self-esteem and better emotional functioning than those with no pet.
- He or she might not be there tomorrow.