Smokey The Kitten Revived By Paramedics After House Fire

×

Like Love Meow on Facebook

Smokey, a 6 week old kitten, used one of his nine lives last Friday when he survived a house fire in Nowra, NSW Australia. Paramedic Kim Saunders brought him back to life with an oxygen mask.

When the firefight walked out of the house with the kitten in his arms, the kitten wasn't breathing. "The fire officer gave the kitten some rescue breaths before signaling to us and placing the kitten on the ground. He then ran back into the building,” Paramedic Saunders said.

"At first, we didn’t know what to do. I thought, 'I'll give it some oxygen and see what happens.' So we put on a pediatric mask with some oxygen, dried the kitten off and wrapped him up. After about 15 minutes he came to and actually started purring. At one stage his head popped off the mask but he put it back in so he must have been enjoying it," she added via South Coast Register.

"When we first saw Smokey he was covered in black sludge, he looks and smells so much better now." (Daily Telegraph)

Smokey’s owner Marianne Hense, who was not home at the time, said she was "so relieved." "We took the kitten over to her. You could still feel it purring through the towel. She gave it a little kiss,” Paramedic Saunders said.

"I don’t care about anything inside the house, only that my cats were safe," Hense said.

Smokey the tiny 6 week old kitten survived a house fire and was brought back to life by Paramedic Kim Saunders.

 

He was lifeless when firefighter brought him out of the house. They performed CPR on him, but smokey still wasn't moving. Kim brought out an oxygen mask meant for a baby and applied it on Smokey.

 

"We put on a pediatric mask with some oxygen, dried the kitten off and wrapped him up. After about 15 minutes he came to and actually started purring. At one stage his head popped off the mask but he put it back in so he must have been enjoying it."

Smokey was later reunited with his owner. "We took the kitten over to her. You could still feel it purring through the towel. She gave it a little kiss,”

"I don’t care about anything inside the house, only that my cats were safe," the owner said.

Source: South Coast RegisterDaily Telegraph and NSW Ambulance.

Popular Stories

Related Stories

Top Stories

News